Cardholder Brokereage Services Inc.
When you contact us with an inquiry or request, or you register to join our mailing list or participate on our message boards, we may collect personal information about you. We collect and use only the information necessary to respond to your inquiry, request, or registration to our mailing list. Such information may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or in some cases, loss information in connection with an insurance claim, or account number to verify your benefits. We may also collect information regarding your visit to our website pages and links as well as the time spent on each webpage for analytical and internal reporting purposes, unless otherwise indicated as in the case of surveys. Such information may include your IP address, operating system, and geographic location. If you contact us by phone, we may record your call for quality assurance purposes.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When you contact us…
- To request information about insurance and non-insurance benefits
- To file an insurance claim
- To request a beneficiary form
- To register for our mailing list
- To participate in our message boards
When we contact you…
- To provide you with our marketing information, such as our newsletter
- To participate in surveys
- To provide information in relation to your inquiry or request
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
cbsi uses your information for record-keeping purposes, and to…
- Respond to your inquiry or request
- Communicate marketing material, such as our newsletter
- Reference your beneficiary designations, and forward the necessary information to the insurance underwriter (in the event of a loss)
- Monitor our services to you
We do not ever sell or rent your information. We do not share your information with any third parties outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, as in the case of an insurance claim that you contacted us about.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
cbsi is committed to keeping the personal information collected from you confidential, secure, and private. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented security measures commensurate with the type of information we collect about you, whether in physical or electronic format. In the event of a breach of your information, we will promptly notify as may be required by law, and according to the contact information you provided us.
WHAT CCPA MEANS FOR YOU
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents to request certain information or action as it pertains to personally identifiable information. As a California resident, you may request
- To be notified as to the information we collect from you
- To have access to the information that we have collected from you
- To have your personally identifiable information deleted (note, certain exceptions exist that prevent us from deleting your personally identifiable information such as providing certain services to you)
If you have a specific request to exercise your rights under CCPA, please direct them to the Chief Privacy Officer as detailed below.
Chief Privacy Officer
550 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, NY 10528