I wanted you to know that all of us at cbsi hope you and your loved ones are safe and well during this challenging and unprecedented time. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to your needs as the situation evolves. Our goal is to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees while maintaining high levels of service for our customers.
As the situation is evolving daily, cbsi and our partners are implementing plans that will allow continued operations in the event of a local or national government mandated shut-down. As of now, local school systems have closed, many governors have declared a ‘state of emergency’, and we expect that ‘shelter-in-place’ could be implemented in certain localities. cbsi and our partners are preparing various response strategies with respect to staffing, routing calls to non-impacted centers, or temporary telecommuting solutions. As it pertains to telecommuting, please note:
- The majority of our providers already have telecommuting programs in place through other lines of their business.
- The telecommuting strategy would simply be extending current at-home programs to our benefit service units.
- In all cases, a phased approach will be implemented, which includes testing and onboarding, then graduating more groups into the program.
- All employees who will be granted the ability to work remotely will be utilizing company owned, approved equipment with secure network connections and all existing security requirements/controls.
- Employees will be required to apply approved safeguards to protect any confidential information and business records from unauthorized disclosure or damage and will comply with company policies regarding confidential and proprietary information.
- Performance and productivity monitoring will continue BAU for all remote workers.
- Where call routing and telecommuting is implemented, we expect that once the situation is resolved that cbsi and all partners will transition back to BAU onsite operations.
In closing, we understand the pressure and stress being put on all. We remain committed to making sure our operations continue to run smoothly, and to maintain the quality and timeliness of service that is cbsi’s hallmark – remember we “Get Things Done!”. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out via our ‘Contact’ tab on cbsiservices.com or speak to your account representative. Most importantly, be smart, get informed, and stay healthy! For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Gerard A. Garofolo